Wednesday, 14 November 2012

NaNoWriMo Update

12,000 or so words in to this year and I have given up. I haven't written anything for over a week and have no motivation to sit and write anything now.

The problem? I really dislike what I have written. My story doesn't flow well, I don't like my main characters and I have no idea where my story is headed. I had done a very small amount of planning before I began but not as much as last year, and clearly not enough to keep me going.

Although I failed to hit the 50,000 mark, or even come close, I am still clocking it up as a success. It has taught me that I need to have a solid plan. It has taught me what kind of stories I don't want to write. It has taught me I need to like what, and who, I am writing about. Any experience that teaches us something about ourself can only be considered a success, at least in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment